Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hope


Many of you who read this blog are aware that Jen and I have befriended a couple going through very difficult times. Spencer Henderson is a 40-year-old Cincinnati Police Officer who has been diagnosed with stage IV cancer in his lungs, brain, bones, and organs. He has a beautiful wife, Tracey, and family that we have truly grown to love.

Throughout this painful party of his journey, Spencer has refused to give up. In fact, when the doctors told him that there was no hope, he found another doctor. His family is staying strong in faith, which has surely been a lesson for me and my family.

I am including a link to a website here (directly to the right at the top of the page) called Hope for Spencer that is hosted on The American Cancer Society’s Mosaic of Hope webpage. Please visit the site, and pray for Spencer and his family. We will be updating this site soon.

A student from Cincinnati said to me this morning: “Hey, we’re locked out of our classroom again.”

3 comments:

Christopher Day said...

Why is it that I only drive by that place every once in awhile? We should all just live there.

I, for one, will keep Spencer and Tracey in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Spencer& Tracy,

God still sits on the throne. Each of you is going through a tough time right now, but God is getting ready to bless you in a way that only He can. Keep the faith.
This prayer is powerful, and prayer is one of the best gifts we receive. There is no cost but a lot of rewards. Let's continue to pray for one another.

Here is the prayer:

Father, I ask You to bless my friends, relatives and buddies. Show them a new revelation of Your love and power.

Holy Spirit, I ask You to minister to their spirit at this very moment.

Where there is pain, give them Your peace and mercy.

Where there is self-doubt, release a renewed confidence through Your grace.

Bless their homes, family, finances, their goings and their comings.

In Jesus' precious name.

Amen.

Gina K

stephanie j. said...

I will pray fervently for those to whom Christ has been revealed will feel His peace;

And for those who do not know Him will see His mighty hand of peace in those who do;

And for healing for your friend to God's glory!

Soli Deo Gloria!