Friday, October 3, 2008

check out these pictures!



Many of you who read this blog are aware that Jen and I have befriended a couple going through very difficult times. Spencer Henderson is a 40-year-old Cincinnati Police Officer who has been diagnosed with stage IV cancer in his lungs, brain, bones, and organs. He has a beautiful wife, Tracy, and family that we have truly grown to love. I am including a link to a website here (to the right, top of page) that is hosted on The American Cancer Society’s Mosaic of Hope webpage.

Here are pictures (to the right) of Spencer, Tracy, and their family taken during a camping trip we all took several months ago. In the above picture, you’ll see some of their children: Nina is the second from the left. She sang for us that night, which made chills run down my spine and the hair stand up on my arms, and I wasn't the only one. This young lady is bound for something great. Sage is sitting next to Spencer, and he is one of the most respectful and polite young men that I’ve ever met. He wants to be a chef when he grows up, but his mom is pulling or politics. He'll do both. Brody is sitting on Tracy’s lap, and man he is fearless (just like his dad and mom). When Brody falls down like little boys do, the saying "rough and tough" is the next thing said. My son and Brody are fast friends and it is great to see them running around playing. Not pictured here is Ricky, who is bound for the NFL, and Spencer III. Like Sage, the oldest boys are two of the most respectful and polite young men I've ever met. It is quite apparent that Spencer and Tracy are doing something right.

Thank you for keeping Spencer and his family in your prayers.

Someone from Cincinnati said today: "You are Welcome."

6 comments:

Reverb said...

Praying for Spencer and his family...

DanThoms said...

I will pray for them for sure.

Anonymous said...

SPENCER & TRACY & THEIR FAMILY AND FRIENDS ARE IN MY PRAYERS DAILY.

Anonymous said...

For those who don't already know, Spencer passed away on October 21 at 1:30am. Everyone's prayers are greatly appreciated and I urge you to continue them. God bless their family and Spencer's soul!

amber montgomery said...

I recently heard about the death of spencer henderson. I personally know him and it saddens me to here that he is gone. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Anonymous said...

I did not know Spencer personally however I was his sister's best friend a few years ago. I've had contact with her right up until Spencer passed. If anyone knows her (Sonja Henderson), please tell her to email Candace. I cannot find her now, and I am concerned and I miss her. My email is cmm5681@yahoo.com. Thanks.