Thursday, November 13, 2008

you feeling under the ... whether (or not to go to work today)?


Coworker Has That Excuse That's Going Around
November 11, 2008
Issue 44•46 (The Onion)

ANN ARBOR, MI—Digital Copy Shoppe employee Don Newson, 38, called in to work on Wednesday complaining that he was certain he had come down with the 24-hour excuse that has been going around. "My back is killing me, I feel stuffed up, and I have this pounding headache," said Newson, citing the initial symptoms of the excuse, which often afflicts those who are already late for work. "It sucks, because I want to come in, but I don't want anyone else to catch what I've got. I should be fine after sleeping for a couple days." Newson has placed himself on a strict regimen of watching the past six episodes of Entourage on HBO on Demand to cure the excuse.

What are the top 10 excuses that one could use to get out of going to work?  I'm going to make a handy-dandy go-to list.

Someone in Cincinnati is not feeling too good tomorrow and Monday.







2 comments:

Elaine said...

When I was in high school, about once a year my mom would let me stay home from school if I wanted to. We called it a mental health day. Every now and then I still take a mental health day.

DanThoms said...

Sadly enough I have never taken a sick day from work or school, ever. I took a half a day from work once but thats it.