Thursday, November 6, 2008

right here is where we find ourselves "my friends"




McCain Gets Hammered At Local VFW
NOVEMBER 5, 2008 | ISSUE 44•45 (The Onion)

PHOENIX—After conceding defeat in the 2008 presidential election, former Republican candidate John McCain reportedly got completely hammered Tuesday night at the Veterans of Foreign Wars (V.F.W.) bar in Phoenix. "I saw this old guy just kind of slumped over his drink for a couple hours before I realized who it was," bartender Rob Dubbin said of the former Navy officer, who sources confirmed arrived at the VFW community tavern around 9 p.m. wearing his lieutenant commander's jacket and cap.
"He must have had about eight or nine boilermakers in all. I heard him muttering something about 'Pennsylvania,' I think, but other than that he was pretty quiet." Sources said McCain continued to drink alone until well after 3 a.m., at which point fellow patrons had to carry the sleeping senator to a couch in the back office.

Someone in Cincinnati believes that we must laugh at ourselves or cry.

1 comment:

DanThoms said...

I'm sad to hear that. By the way, thanks for your comments on my blog. I enjoy reading everyone point of view.