Sunday, December 28, 2008

vine




We are in Florida, and there is a Vineyard Community Church within walking distance of my parents' place. So, we awoke today at the early hour of 9:30 AM and readied ourselves for church. 

What I encountered was in some ways similar to what we know back home. But, to be really honest, we left feeling a little let down.

Don't take this as a reflection on the VCC in Cape Coral/Ft. Myers, Florida however. They do things in much the same way as both the VCC and VWS (Cincinnati versions), and they do a great job. (More photos and such later)

But, why did we leave feeling like we missed something? Why the difference in experience? Why did I leave feeling more like a spectator and less like a worshiper and follower?


1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hi Michael,
Could it be the sense of community and the relationships you have here at home? I know for me at least, that if I were to visit another church, be it another Vineyard or whatever, I don't think I would leave feeling the same way I do when I leave VWS. For me, my experience has much to do with the people. I have never thought about that until now.