Saturday, December 6, 2008

the Chris Day effect: pay it forward




Someone on my street woke up today and shoveled their sidewalk and driveway because it had snowed. Then they proceeded to shovel the sidewalks of their neighbors to the right and left.

Well, guess what happened?

Another neighbor, after seeing this, decided to shovel another neighbor's sidewalk, ... and as I sit here writing this post, I can look out of my window and see other people shoveling other people's sidewalks.  

It is amazing how a simple gesture of kindness can provoke other gestures of kindness.

My neighborhood just became a little closer today.


1 comment:

Christopher Day said...

I'm humbled by my name even being associated with such acts of kindness.

Everyone is capable of giving. Everyone is capable of doing. You either choose to or you choose not to. I am here today, in this spot, writing this, because someone chose to. I, in turn, want to be a difference maker.