Tuesday, August 25, 2009

going it alone? you're not built for it.


We just watched a movie called "The Soloist."  Aside from me highly recommending the movie, ... if you happen to rent it, I urge you to check out the DVD extras.  In particular, take a look at the short clip called "Beth's Story."  (also above)

As I write this, my family and friends are happily inviting young Riley into the world.  But this movie reminded me of all the people out there so desperately needing to experience Love Winning.  

There are lots of ways to do that.  

Just ask and listen.  

But if you're stumped, Faces Without Places is a local organization that would be a good starting place.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

HI Mike, You guys have been on my heart for a few days. Didn't see you at church this past weekend, I'm guessing Jenny had the baby from your post? Congratulations!!!!

Michael Joseph Sharp said...

Hi, Kelly. Yes, we have had our little girl and look forward to bringing her to church Saturday night. Do you have a Facebook account? We've posted tons of pictures on Facebook.

Kelly said...

Yeah!!! That's awesome. Must be why you were on my heart. I'll friend you so I can see her. How exciting! Can't wait to meet her. How does Ethan like being a big brother?

melanie said...

Just last night we found out that you had a new baby! Congratulations. We are so happy for all of you!