Saturday, June 6, 2009

hope for "The Body"



I love the parable about the man with no legs riding on the shoulders of the blind man.  It reminds me of what the Body of the Church can do when the elements that comprise it work together. The same could be said for human-kind, I think, which is what some speakers may mean when talking about creating God's Kingdom, heaven, right here on earth.

"I'm a very strong man, but I can't see."

"I can see to the end of the world, ... but I can't save myself ..."

The problem is that the brokenness of our fallen human nature makes it difficult to share and work collaboratively. Rather, we have the impulse to control, to hoard, to lay claim to, etc. those gifts bestowed on us by our Creator.  This is especially true when talking about our spiritual gifts.

We only have One hope: Love Wins.

No comments: